THE BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT COLLEGE
Through its excellence in teaching, research and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to educate and develop competent professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs of integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to do of Vietnam a respectful position in the world.
The College offers two degree programs: a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management. With our AACSB compliance, Cornell University-certified programs, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty, modern teaching approaches, and state-of-the-art infrastructure, we will prepare our students to become leaders and innovators with ‘an entrepreneurial spirit, to be employed by the best. successful employers or self-employed workers.
With the vision of becoming a research-driven college, the College of Business and Management will soon offer various graduate programs and provide the desirable research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue academic pursuits. progress in business. In addition, with the advantage of being in the Vingroup ecosystem with a number of leading companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, VinHMS, VinFast, VinTech and Vincom Retail, the College will work closely with these companies in the research to create revolutionary products, services. and solutions.
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is recruiting a faculty member in the following field and track:
- Field: Innovation Management / Entrepreneurship
- Track: Professor
This position also allows you to hold the position of Academic Director of Entrepreneurship or Leadership Initiatives at VinUni. In this role, you will be able to shape and lead the academic, extracurricular and extracurricular programs and activities at VinUni.
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is also recruiting program directors for each of its two study programs: Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management. If you are interested in applying for this position, please indicate your interest in your cover letter.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Faculty members of the College of Business and Management will have three main responsibilities: teaching, research and service. The distribution of the workload will be based on the rank and follow-up of professors, in accordance with international standards and practices generally accepted in universities accredited by the AACSB.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Possess a doctorate in related fields from prestigious established universities.
- Have a solid knowledge of the subject combined with extensive subject matter experience to contribute to educational programs.
- Have a good experience of experiential learning methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and be able to use them successfully in all courses.
- Have a solid record of research achievement or potential for future achievement.
- Have a high mind and a strong passion for education; demonstrate distinction and / or strong research potential; Agile to embrace change and meet new challenges; open-minded to new and different environments; team player ready to contribute to organizational goals and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please apply via http://apply.interfolio.com/83975 and send (1) a cover letter, (2) a curriculum vitae, (3) a teaching statement, (4) a research statement and (4) two letters of recommendation. While doing this, remember the following:
- Indicate in your cover letter in which field, rank and track you are applying.
- Your to resume should include a list of all the courses you have taught along with the results of the teaching / student assessment.
- Your teaching statement should specify the teaching methods you have used in your lessons and plan to use in your future lessons (e.g. lecture, case, flipped classroom, team learning, service based learning, community learning, etc.).
- Your research report should include the main theme (s) of your past and current research and the theme (s) of your planned future research. Also indicate which post in the past three years is the best achievement for you, along with a brief description. Submit a PDF version of the publication with brief information on the excellence of the journal.
The examination of candidates will be done on an ongoing basis from April 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled.
The desired start date is August 2021, subject to negotiation, in order to allow sufficient time to prepare your courses for the next fall semester. If you currently reside outside Vietnam, please indicate in your cover letter if you can move to Hanoi, Vietnam on time (no later than September). If not, please specify when you can.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that alone candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVE AND WORK IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will help and advise you to obtain the necessary documents for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can meet all paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information on the required documents, please refer to the information contained in this connect.
- Cost of Living: Vietnam has a relatively low cost of living and expats can live very comfortable lives here with moderate expenses.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is Vietnam’s first private non-profit university established on the basis of international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and become a world-class university.
VinUni maintains strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisers and crucial catalysts in the creation of VinUni’s three colleges: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Informatics, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its programs, research, faculty, student body, facilities and campus life, is developed to meet the highest standards set by leading accreditation and ranking organizations worldwide, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
The founding benefactor of VinUni Vingroup is one of the largest private conglomerates in Asia with the highest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multi-sector company, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: technology; Industrialists; and real estate services. VinUni is proud to be part of the Vingroup ecosystem, offering its students the opportunity to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial companies (such as VinSmart and VinFast ) and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec and Vinhomes)
VNExpress >> First day of the VinUniversity convocation
Forbes Vietnam >> First day of the VinUniversity convocation
Vietnamnews >> VinUniversity inaugurates its first academic year
Vietnamnet >> VinUniversity meets 5-star QS rating standards
Cornell Chronicle >> Provost founder of VinUnversity – Professor Rohit Verma
Cornell Daily Sun >> Cornell-Vingroup collaboration
Vietnam Economic Times >> Cornell-UPenn-Vingroup collaboration
Philadelphia Business Journal >> Penn Medicine Expands Global Reach to Vietnam